Texas proved today that they are not only on the national elite stage on the sprints side but also on the distance side. Class of 2017 will go down as one of the most successful classes ever in Texas.
Let’s Look at the great performances from Texas Distance Runners
- Daniel Bernal – El Paso Eastwood
- 9:17.09- Won New Balance 2 Mile National Championships
- Ignore the time as the race was slow at the beginning and Daniel used a massive kick to win.
- Reed Brown – Southlake Carroll
- Ran a PR of 1:51.01 placing 2nd at Brooks PR Meet against the best in the nation.
- Reed became the 10th runner to break 4 in the Mile a couple of weeks ago.
- Cade Bethmann – Arlington Martin
- Placed 4th at the Brooks PR Meet running a fast 1:51.97
- Sam Worley – New Braunfels Canyon
- Won the best High School race ever put together with an impressive 4:02.04.
- He won Texas Relays earlier this year against pros and collegians in 4:00.
- Ashton Endsley – Abilene High
- Placed 8th at the Brooks PR Meet 1 Mile race in a fast 4:53.24
- London Culbreath – McKinney North (FRESHMAN)
- Ran a massive PR at the Brooks PR meet placing 3rd in 10:04.73